The Transition IEP for each student must include a post secondary goal for employment including services to develop community-based employment and community-based work experiences. Students have the opportunity to participate in unpaid individual community-based work experiences as part of their school program.
- Students have the opportunity to participate in paid community-based work experiences prior to exiting school, either in the summer or during the school year.
- Students have individual community employment goals identified and documented
- Students have individual career portfolios and marketing materials to use in seeking employment.
- Students are learning critical life skills in the community in normalized settings.
- Students are receiving information about continuing and higher education.
- Students are being considered for assistive technology (specific to employment supports and life in the community). Link to UATT and UATC
- Students are receiving self-determination and self-advocacy information and instruction either through their course of study at school or through CRP/VR Pre-ETS (accessing self-advocacy training through local Independent Living Center or Utah Parent Center).