The Strategies to Enhance the Quality of Life of Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities is designed for direct support professionals (DSPs) who work in Intermediate Care Facilities (ICFs) serving youth and young adults with intellectual and development disabilities (I/DD). The scope and purpose of the training is to provide ICF staff information, resources, and practical age-appropriate strategies to increase the independence and community integration of youth and young adults with I/DD.
Strategies to Enhance the Quality of Life of Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
The training consists of seven self-paced modules:
- Policy Framework for Integrated Supports and Services (32:21)
- Rights and Privacy (29:03)
- Age-Appropriate Supports and Services (36:23)
- Informed Choice and Person-Centered Planning (22:48)
- Collaboration and Transition from School to Adulthood (16:45)
- Independent Living Skills Instruction (28:45)
- Positive Behavior Support (29:08)
Upon registration, please create and enter a new user name. You can do this by selecting “I am a new user” on the Canvas enrollment page. For a PDF of directions, please click here.
For more information or questions, please email the ICF/ID Training Coordinators, Dr. Tim Riesen, firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Faith Thomas, email@example.com