**Utah State University is taking measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and issued a memorandum that all university campus events and community trainings with more than 10 people must be cancelled until further notice (https://dps.usu.edu/emergency/covid-19/events). As a result, the center is canceling in-person trainings and the center will move all or our trainings to an online format. Thank you for understanding and we will resume live training when the university allows us to do so.**
The ACRE course is designed to provide individuals with the requisite skills for understanding and delivering employment supports to individuals with disabilities. The training is competency focused and individuals will obtain the knowledge and skills to develop validated strategies to meet the diverse integrated employment needs of individuals with disabilities.
Topics for the training include:
- Disability rights and history of employment
- Disability and employment related legislation
- Best practices in employment including supported and customized employment
- Professionalism and ethics
- Individual assessment, including discovery
- Career planning
- Community research & job development
- Workplace and related supports
For more information or questions, please email the ACRE Training Coordinator, Corban Remund, at Corban.Remund@usu.edu.